How to Make a Great-Tasting, Supercharged Apple Cider Vinegar Tonic
Apple Cider Vinegar is trending and for good reason! It's a wellness beast not to be missed BUT as many of you know, there is one serious challenge to making it a part of your day that everyone is talking about!
IT TASTES BAD!!
How to Make Apple Cider Vinegar Taste Better
Lets face it, even when a tablespoon of Bragg's (its the best) Organic Apple Cider Vinegar is added to hot water and flavoured with freshly-squeezed lemon juice, drinking it can be a chore. So how can you turn this daily ritual into an enjoyable experience, while still staying true to its roots as a healthy wellness tonic?
Superfood Honey to the rescue.....
Honey has incredible anti-microbial properties and is rich in anti-oxidants all on its own but when creamed with wellness powerhouses matcha and turmeric, our farm-fresh honey‘s good-for-you factor just goes through the roof!
So the bottom line is...
If you really want to turn that Apple Cider Vinegar routine into something super enjoyable, add a drizzle of warm turmeric- or matcha-creamed honey into your warm water and vinegar and double the wellness potential in your cup!
How to make it....
- Add 1 Tbsp of Turmeric-creamed or Matcha-creamed honey to a cup of warm water
- Stir until honey has dissolved in water
- Add 1 Tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar and stir
Also a great remedy for holiday hangovers!
Lets face it, the only way to really cure a hangover is to not indulge in the first place but for those that are not that strong, apple cider vinegar with honey and a shot of caffeine can do wonders.
Commonly used to sooth a headache and a queazy stomach. Honey, apple cider vinegar and matcha are natural hangover-killers.
Because of their antioxidant properties, honey and matcha effectively neutralize toxins created by consuming alcohol. There is also research that supports that the natural fructose in honey will metabolize the alcohol into harmless by-products. Apple cider vinegar can dissolve toxins and stabilize pH levels. Add in a pinch of salt to restore sodium levels and you’ve got a powerful hangover aid!
Read more about the benefits of our matcha-creamed honey!
6 science-supported benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
(excerpted from Healthline)
- High in acetic acid with potent biological effects
- Can kill many types of Harmful Bacteria
- the acetic acid in vinegar can kill harmful bacteria or prevent them from multiplying and has a history of use as a disinfectant and natural preservative.
- Lowers blood sugar levels and fights diabetes
- via improving insulin sensitivity and helping lower blood sugar responses after meals.
- Helps you lose weight and reduces belly fat
- studies suggest that vinegar can increase feelings of fullness and help people eat fewer calories, leading to weight loss.
- Lowers cholesterol and improves heart health
- several animal studies have shown that vinegar can reduce blood triglycerides, cholesterol and blood pressure. This could lead to a reduced risk of developing heart disease
- May have protective effects against cancer.
- some studies in test tubes and rats have shown that vinegar can slow the growth of cancer cells and shrink tumors.
- There are many studies that talk about the health benefits of apple cider vinegar as a daily ritual, but if you've ever tasted Apple Cider Vinegar you know that it is not really that great tasting.
Leave a comment
Also in Tea & Lifestyle Mashup
Some medical groups warn that detox teas containing senna may have a laxative effect, which can lead to vomiting and diarrhea — and impact the body's ability to absorb medications, including birth control. (CBC)
Do you find it tough to avoid illness in the fall and winter? Fight back by choosing hydrating, nurturing teas that can help strengthen your immune system, soothe sore throats and sinuses, and control coughs. Check out our all-star list of 5 herbal blends that will curb a sore throat and cough!
Wholesome skincare products, free of synthetic, harmful ingredients can be hard to find and expensive. Here's an example of two inexpensive food products that together, can take your skincare routine from functional to fantastic!